Do you want to have better and fast reactions and be mentally clear? Do you like to look younger yes, we all want to look younger, silly question ,not only your skin but your brain too?
A good and deep night sleep ( no dreams allowed if possible some part of the night ) will definitely slow your heart rate, lower your blood pressure, change frequency of your brain waves and lower the famous stress hormone cortisone.
So get ready and prepare yourself for a good night sleep! Here are few of my favourite tips that always help me to improve the quantity and quality of my sleep!
I also find it helps me to calm down after a busy busy day and stops my mind from thinking, worrying, creating new ideas and making plans for the next day, week or whatever is about to come next!…
1. Make sure your bedroom is free from clutter, TV, phones and computers! No tech stuff around you when you sleep, the radiation is really bad for your health, it interferes with your body¹s circadian rhythm and not only sleep!
2. Set a bedtime regime to go to bed, from deducting eight hours from the time you need to wake up.
3. Get blackout curtains or a sleep mask! It is important not to stop our melatonin production during the night as the light is entering our eyes.
4. Blue colours are nice to use in your bedroom, like for walls, art works, furniture … just where your eye falls when you are in bed! Blue is very calming and helps to drop your heart rate and blood pressure and has a drowsy effect on the body and mind! Check out my fab fav below!
5. Write a journal before falling a sleep, it will help to calm your thoughts and mind! I always find that when you write you worry less! it helps to not forget things you need to do for the next day or helps to reflect away any important thoughts. Just write it down and allow the thoughts leave your mind. And it will make your eyes tiered! I love journals and diaries!
6. Eat some food that has tryptophan! Tryptophan is a much absolute must! It is an Amino acid that is needed for general growth and development, producing niacin and creates seratonin within your body. Serotonin is needed to produce healthy sleep and a stable mood. It can help you to feel more sleepy, calm and relaxed! The recommended dosage is per kilogram 4mg of body weight, so don’t over eat! I am a huge fan of pumpkin seeds! Try it…
7. How about a good night meditation? I love falling asleep listening to beach waves, it gives me so much relaxation! Check out my post with my top 10 apps! Just download the application, set up a timer and listen to your favourite sounds you can choose anything from a rain forest, wind, mountain lake or plain of wheats.
8. Money Money Money!! Spend your money better and invest in a SAD lamp! Wake up with natural sunlight which will make you wake up with a good mood, make it easier to get out of bed and eases you into the day! Not ideal if you are wearing a sleeping mask…. but much better to wake up with a natural sunlight then with a crazy alarm buzzzzz! I recently purchased a fab Philips model…
9. Take a relaxing bath with aroma oils or salts to clear your mind and to calm down after a busy day. My favourite products for this type of relaxation are from Space NK! Discover something new, try them out Grace Guru says Relax!
Good night folks!
Your Grace Guru